About This Page
We offer therapy, counselling, and treatment for a variety of common concerns relating to couples, individuals and families.
This page gives an overview of our services, and offers links to information about common issues (listed in alphabetical order).
Addictions: Recovery from Drug, Alcohol and Behavioural Addictions
- Working with complex addiction and the impacts.
- Affects on relationships and partners.
- Investigation of underlying issues.
- Support for 12 Step and rehab programs.
- Working with process addictions such as sex addiction, gambling, compulsive shopping, eating disorders and hoarding.
- Anger management.
- Investigation of the underlying causes of anger, and the underlying emotional issues.
- Relief through finding new ways to express emotions.
- Relief for a range of anxiety related concerns including social anxiety, fear of public speaking, excessive worry and performance anxiety.
- Panic attacks, obsessions and compulsions, phobias.
- Health anxiety, work anxiety, financial anxiety, fear of death and existential anxiety.
Changes Due to Life Events
- Changes in life circumstances, life direction and career direction.
- Retrenchment, relocation, divorce and separation, childbirth, ageing, and loss.
- Family counselling and therapy for family conflict.
- Managing family dynamics, parenting skills, building children’s self esteem.
- Managing couple conflict regarding parenting, and responding sensitively and appropriately to children’s emotional needs.
- Coping with ADHD and autism.
Confidence and Self Esteem
- Building personal, social, or professional confidence, including issues of self-worth, capability & competence, achievement, meaning, and belonging.
- Resolving difficulties with partners and spouses, in marriage, de-facto and new relationship settings.
- Working with couple communication issues, conflict resolution, relationship breakdown, lack of intimacy, dating.
- Affairs, breach of trust or betrayal, sexual issues and secrecy in relationships.
- Working with heterosexual, same sex and transgender couples.
- Resolving couple issues that extend to children and other family members.
- Therapy for a wide range of mood difficulties, from serious and debilitating depression to issues such as struggling with mood swings, feeling down or sad, lacking energy and enthusiasm, feeling unmotivated, or having difficulty enjoying experiences.
- DE is a therapeutic extension to EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing). Amanda has developed DE during the course of her work with clients (using standard EMDR). DE is a powerful and effective brief process (4 to 6 sessions) for alleviating symptoms associated with trauma.
- Binge Eating Disorder, Binging and Purging (Bulimia), Anorexia.
- Yo-yo dieting, feeling out of control of eating, emotional eating, excessive concern with weight, size and shape.
- Body image dissatisfaction.
- Investigating the Family System.
- Help with Parenting.
- Adult Family Resolutions.
- Changing gambling behaviour and treating compulsive gambling.
- Help for family and friends of problem gamblers.
Grief and Loss
- Dealing with the loss of loved ones, friends or family, through death or illness or other life circumstances.
- Loss of a pet, job, health or important possessions as triggers for grief.
- Resolving conflicts and disputes between close family members.
- Coming to a non-adversarial understanding of a situation of conflict.
- Gaining relief from the complexities of interacting with others, the difficulties of forming and maintaining relationships, and conflict resolution.
- Personal work around relationships with partners, potential partners, spouses, children, work colleagues or friends.
- Pre-marital and pre-commitment therapy.
- Working with people in recovery from broken relationships, and during the course of a relationship breakdown.
- See also: About Relationship Beakdown
- See also: The Relationship Counsellor and our Sydney Practice
- See also: Mediation Therapy for Couples and Families
- Loss of libido or desire for sex, lack of sexual enjoyment, fear of sex, erectile difficulties, premature ejaculation, pain, performance anxiety.
- Mismatched sex drives in a relationship, or differences in sexual preferences or expectations.
- See also: Our Sexual and Sensual Intimacy Program
- Insomnia, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, early morning awakening, broken sleep, or un-refreshing sleep.
- Mindful, Zen, Gestalt and existentialist approaches to reality and wellbeing.
- Archetypal and soul-centred therapy, archetypal psychology, Hillmanian and Jungian approaches.
- See also: Wabi Sabi and Relationship Counselling
- Managing the stress of isolation, time pressure, work and the workplace, career, lifestyle, family, children, life responsibilities.
- Performance pressure, financial pressure, competing demands, social obligations, existential concerns, illness.
- Support around the issues of coming out, physical and emotional changes, fitting in socially, hormones, anxiety, self-harm.
- Negotiating the workplace, bullying, social phobias and family.
Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relief from trauma due to accidents, assault, abuse, sexual assault, physical injury.
- May include investigation of old and family of origin traumas.
- Relief from PSTD using EMDR and Depth Enquiry.
Wellbeing and Performance
- Enhancing wellbeing, effectiveness, and enjoyment in the areas of work, career, leisure, relationships, family, and work / life balance.
- Work stress, assertiveness at work, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills, performance enhancement, time management.
- Procrastination, managing workloads, retrenchment, unemployment, career instability, workplace bullying, career change, and burnout.