We are two psychotherapists, passionate about counselling, relationships and therapy,
available for face-to-face consultation in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, and also offering online and telephone sessions.
- Read more on the Co-Therapy Model.
We Know This Process Works
We’ve been through it ourselves.
We know this works because we’ve both been through it. We’ve each had years of our own personal therapy. We’ve had our ups and downs as a married couple and have sought couples therapy ourselves (and have experienced both good and bad examples).
We’re continually refining what we do – using ourselves and our relationship as a testing ground. We practice what we preach.
A New Therapy for Each Individual and Couple
We know this has to work for you. We don’t work from a formula: meeting with us is a creative process, an open exploration of new possibilities. In effect, it’s a new therapy for each individual and couple who choose to work with us.
Creative and Supportive
We’re not here to judge you, we’re not here to analyse you; we’re here to support you to heal and grow – whatever the life challenge.
Here and Now
In our approach we may spend time talking about the past but our focus is always on what’s happening here and now and what you want your life to look like.
Loving What We Do
Loving what we do makes us effective.
It’s loving the work we do that makes it really effective. We believe and know from experience that if you really love what you do you’ll excel at it.
When you love what you do, you want to keep learning and you want to be the best you can – for yourself and for those you work with. This is our approach.
In Gestalt, relationships are crucial.
Our relational focus is informed both by our Gestalt training, and by the conviction we hold, based on our many experiences working with people, that relationships (both those in the present and those that have formed us in the past) are crucial to our sense of well-being and our ability to cope with the vicissitudes of life. At heart, we consider ourselves Relationship Counsellors / Therapists.
- See also: Relationship Counselling with us
We are happy to talk with you about your needs, or your concerns relating to Counselling and Therapy. Phone Ron on 0422 975 179 or Amanda on 0422 978 367. Or make an enquiry on our Contact page.
- How we unintentionally bring the attachment dynamics, from early in our lives, into our intimate adult relationships – and what we can do about this: An Adult Attachment Primer.
- How to increase the level of intimacy in a relationship. Worth re-reading from time to time! 12 Timeless Tips for Revitalising Your Relationship.
- Rustic simplicity and freshness! Wabi Sabi and Relationships.
- 10 Tips for Couples for a Holiday Season.
- A powerful technique (if done right) for shifting a relationship towards intimacy: The Subtle Power of Reflective Listening.
- A different way of discussing our upsets: Three Simple Sentences.
- Understanding how the meanings we make can fuel our behaviours: Meanings and Behaviours in Couple Relationships.
- Reality versus Security questions and how distinguishing between them can be key for smooth couple dynamics!