Here’s our index into the resources we offer in person, and on this site. (The resources are listed in alphabetical order.)
Click on any of the links below to get more resources on that topic. (Where a link is marked it takes you to a site external to Therapy Duo.)
Addictions (Drug, Alcohol & Behavioural)
- Working with complex addiction and its impacts.
- Affects on relationships and partners.
- Investigation of underlying issues.
- Support for 12 Step and rehab programs.
- Working with process addictions such as sex addiction, gambling, compulsive shopping, eating disorders and hoarding.
- Odyssey House.
- healthdirect: What is Addiction?
- Lifeline – Substance Abuse & Addiction.
Alchemy in Psychotherapy
- Using Alchemy as a reflective process for psychic inquiry.
- See our Alchemy in Psychotherapy page.
- Anger management.
- Investigation of the underlying causes of anger, and the underlying emotional issues.
- Relief through finding new ways to express emotions.
- APS – Managing Your Anger.
- mindhealthconnect – Anger Management.
- MensLine Australia – Managing Anger.
- Relief for a range of anxiety related concerns including social anxiety, fear of public speaking, excessive worry and performance anxiety.
- Panic attacks, obsessions and compulsions, phobias.
- Health anxiety, work anxiety, financial anxiety, fear of death and existential anxiety.
- beyondblue: Anxiety.
- Black Dog Institute: Anxiety.
- This Way Up (St Vincent’s Hospital).
- 8 Practical Tips to Stop Being Insecure.
- Using the Adult Attachment model in Couple relationships.
- Understanding “Islands”, “Waves” and “Anchors”.
- See our Adult Attachment Primer.
Changes Due to Life Events
- Changes in life circumstances, life direction and career direction.
- Retrenchment, relocation, divorce and separation, childbirth, ageing, and loss.
- MensLine Australia – Emotional wellbeing.
Child & Family Issues
- Family counselling and therapy for family conflict.
- Managing family dynamics, parenting skills, building children’s self esteem.
- Managing couple conflict regarding parenting, and responding sensitively and appropriately to children’s emotional needs.
- Coping with ADHD and autism.
- See our Mediation Therapy page.
- Australian Institute of Family Studies.
- kidsmatter: Anxiety.
- mindhealthconnect: Bullying.
Confidence & Self Esteem
- Building personal, social, or professional confidence, including issues of self-worth, capability & competence, achievement, meaning, and belonging.
- healthdirect: Self-esteem and mental health.
- IvyPanda: Positive Thinking and How to Practice it.
Couples Counselling & Marriage Counselling
- Resolving difficulties with partners and spouses, in marriage, de-facto and new relationship settings.
- Working with couple communication issues, conflict resolution, relationship breakdown, lack of intimacy, dating.
- Affairs, breach of trust or betrayal, sexual issues and secrecy in relationships.
- Working with heterosexual, same sex and transgender couples.
- Resolving couple issues that extend to children and other family members.
- See our Summary of Resources for Couples Counselling.
- An extensive collection of resources on a sometimes difficult topic: Talking About Money.
- See also: Twelve Timeless Tips for Revitalising Your Relationship
- See also: Wabi Sabi and Relationship Counselling
- See also: Relationship in Confinement
- See our blog posts Despatches from the Retreat.
- Therapy for a wide range of mood difficulties, from serious and debilitating depression to issues such as struggling with mood swings, feeling down or sad, lacking energy and enthusiasm, feeling unmotivated, or having difficulty enjoying experiences.
- beyondblue: Depression.
- Black Dog Institute: Depression.
- DE is a therapeutic extension to EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing).
- Amanda has developed DE during the course of her work with clients.
- Depth Enquiry is a powerful and effective brief process (4 to 6 sessions) for alleviating symptoms associated with trauma.
- See our Depth Enquiry page.
- Binge Eating Disorder, Binging and Purging (Bulimia), Anorexia.
- Yo-yo dieting, feeling out of control of eating, emotional eating, excessive concern with weight, size and shape.
- Body image dissatisfaction.
- healthdirect: Eating disorders and body image.
Family Counselling & Therapy
- Investigating the Family System.
- Help with Parenting.
- Adult Family Resolutions.
- See our Services for Families.
- A Bowen Approach Primer.
- Changing gambling behaviour and treating compulsive gambling.
- Help for family and friends of problem gamblers.
- Australian Gambling Resource Centre.
- See our Gestalt Psychotherapy page.
- Association for the Advancement of Gestalt Psychotherapy.
- Gestalt Australia and New Zealand.
Grief and Loss
- Dealing with the loss of loved ones, friends or family, through death or illness or other life circumstances.
- Loss of a pet, job, health or important possessions as triggers for grief.
- Lifeline Australia.
Individual & Personal Counselling & Therapy
- Resolving conflicts and disputes between close family members.
- Coming to a non-adversarial understanding of a situation of conflict.
- See our Mediation Therapy page.
- Divorce Education and Therapeutic Family Mediation To Resolve Parenting Disputes.
Online & Phone Counselling and Therapy
- See our Online Counselling page.
- Gaining relief from the complexities of interacting with others, the difficulties of forming and maintaining relationships, and conflict resolution.
- Personal work around relationships with partners, potential partners, spouses, children, work colleagues or friends.
- Pre-marital and pre-commitment therapy.
- Working with people in recovery from broken relationships, and during the course of a relationship breakdown.
- See our Relationship Counselling page.
- healthdirect: Relationships.
- Loss of libido or desire for sex, lack of sexual enjoyment, fear of sex, erectile difficulties, premature ejaculation, pain, performance anxiety.
- Mismatched sex drives in a relationship, or differences in sexual preferences or expectations.
- See our Sexual and Sensual Intimacy Program.
- Insomnia, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, early morning awakening, broken sleep, or un-refreshing sleep.
- healthdirect: Sleep disorders.
Spiritual, Mindful & Soul-based Inquiries
- Mindful, Zen, Gestalt and existentialist approaches to reality and wellbeing.
- Archetypal and soul-centred therapy, archetypal psychology, Hillmanian and Jungian approaches.
- See our Soul-based Counselling page.
- See our Wabi Sabi and Relationship Counselling.
- Managing the stress of isolation, time pressure, work and the workplace, career, lifestyle, family, children, life responsibilities.
- Performance pressure, financial pressure, competing demands, social obligations, existential concerns, illness.
- healthdirect: Stress Management.
- Help Guide: Stress Management.
Transgender & Transitioning
- Support around the issues of coming out, physical and emotional changes, fitting in socially, hormones, anxiety, self-harm.
- Negotiating the workplace, bullying, social phobias and family.
- See our Gender Diversity, Transgender and Transitioning page.
- The Gender Centre.
Trauma & Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relief from trauma due to accidents, assault, abuse, sexual assault, physical injury.
- May include investigation of old and family of origin traumas.
- Relief from PSTD using Depth Enquiry.
- beyondblue: PTSD.
- Black Dog Institute: PTSD.
Wellbeing & Performance
- Enhancing wellbeing, effectiveness, and enjoyment in the areas of work, career, leisure, relationships, family, and work / life balance.
- mindhealthconnect: Wellbeing.
- Work stress, assertiveness at work, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills, performance enhancement, time management.
- Procrastination, managing workloads, retrenchment, unemployment, career instability, workplace bullying, career change, and burnout.
- safe work australia: Mental health.
- APS: Workplace stress: The Changing Nature of Work
- Heads up: Workplace Stress.
- Burnout in the Workplace (Causes, Signs & Advice).