About This Page
This page provides a summary of our resources relating to Gestalt Psychotherapy. Click on the links to learn more about these topics.
- A summary of the history and theory of Gestalt Psychotherapy.
- The influences on the development of Gestalt.
- How Gestalt differs from other approaches.
- A overview of Staemmler’s Schemes of interaction in Couple relationships.
- An example of how they play out in a Couple relationship.
- Beisser’s original paper The Paradoxical Theory of Change.
- The importance of this theory to the Gestalt approach.
- An article written by one of us (Ron), while a Gestalt student, reflecting on the Gestalt concept of the Field.
- The article appeared in the Gestalt Journal of Australia and New Zealand Vol 2 No 2 May 2006.